Why did the Redskins include Kendall Fuller in the Alex Smi

News coming from WoWDigSite and news about the website

Why did the Redskins include Kendall Fuller in the Alex Smi

Postby aliciahuang » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:39 am

hey, how about we throw in Fuller? The Chiefs wanted him,Why did the Redskins include Kendall Fuller in the trade? Because it was the only way the deal was going to get done. It's not like the Redskins said, the Redskins wanted Smith and that was the deal to which the parties agreed. It's that simple.

Smith was a luxury the Chiefs could not afford. Before the trade, the Chiefs were about $9 million over the cap. Smith had to go and perhaps if the Redskins had waited it out they could have signed Smith for no compensation. But they would have remained in limbo at the position and the Chiefs could have dealt him to another team. In addition,-Some have wondered why a deal had to be made at all. With Patrick Mahomes waiting in the wings to take the starting quarterback job,Womens Shaquill Griffin Jersey, there was no guarantee that they could have signed him if he had been cut.

-I don't think that anyone argues that Smith and Cousins are comparable quarterbacks. They are in the "good" category, below the level of elite and special quarterbacks but they also offer competence and stability that many other signal callers to not. The Redskins did not get a major upgrade to the team in the deal. Sometimes you have to make a trade not to get better but to prevent getting worse. This was one of those deals.

$94 million contract extension the Redskins will give Smith once the deal is finalized on March 14 also was needed to get the deal done. The Browns reportedly offered one of their second-round picks in exchange for Smith. However, they did not want to give Smith a contract extension of that length. They viewed Smith as more of a short-term fix to bridge the gap until the quarterback they plan to take in this year's draft is ready. But Smith was not interested in that role,Womens Delano Hill Jersey,-The four-year, preferring to go somewhere that was committed to him for at least the next three or four years. The Chiefs accommodated him and now he will we wearing burgundy and gold this fall.

who didn't impress anyone enough to earn a second season. The smart way to handle the situation would have been to spend a mid-round pick on a quarterback to develop. Had they done that they might not have been such a desperate situation with only Colt McCoy under contract. In fact,-Another reason why the Redskins had to make this trade was due to their unwillingness to face the strong possibility that Cousins was not going to sign a long-term deal. They should have known this since they put the franchise tag on him prior to the 2016 season. The only backup plan they came up with was 2016 sixth-round pick Nate Sudfeld, you could argue that they should have started to plan for the future in 2014 when the future of Robert Griffin III started to turn cloudy. But they didn't look to draft any insurance and they paid the price for being in a position of desperation.

It was a poorly kept secret that there would be major quarterback shakeups in 2018,Womens Nazair Jones Jersey, with several promising quarterbacks entering the NFL draft and after Jimmy Garoppolo was dealt from the New England Patriots to the San Francisco 49ers.

The next shoe dropped Tuesday, when Alex Smith was reportedly traded by the Kansas City Chiefs to the Washington Redskins for a third-round pick and cornerback Kendall Fuller. The deal opens up the Chiefs to start former first-round pick Patrick Mahomes II next season after his impressive performances in the preseason.

The deal also means that Kirk Cousins almost certainly will be moving on from Washington. Potential landing spots for Cousins won't have to now surrender a lot of cap space had he received the franchise or transition tag, but the 29-year-old's next team will likely make him the league's highest-paid player.

The teams that were previously linked to Cousins may be in a tight battle to sign the veteran as he moves on from the nation's capital after March 6.

who have the No. 21 and No. 22 overall picks,Womens Tyler Lockett Jersey,There is a good chance that Cousins ends up in Buffalo since the Bills have roughly $30 million in cap space and a hole at quarterback. Yet it's possible the Bills, consider moving up in the draft to land a quarterback.

Expect the Bills to at least make some type of push for Cousins. If they somehow get him, they can use the picks to bolster the rest of their offense.

by trading the quarterback to the Washington Redskins,The Kansas City Chiefs’ decision to move on from the Alex Smith era this week, will send ripples across the N.F.L. throughout this off-season.

which was first reported by The Kansas City Star and will not be official until March 14, was a sign that the Chiefs had committed to using Patrick Mahomes, whom they chose 10th after trading up in last year’s draft,The deal, as their starting quarterback. It also virtually assured that Kirk Cousins would not return as Washington’s quarterback.

the Chiefs received a third-round pick and the third-year cornerback Kendall Fuller,In return for Smith, according to multiple news media reports.

the deal will have ramifications for virtually every quarterback seeking a new team or a revamped contract,But beyond those immediately affected, as well as any team trying to make a change at football’s most vital position.

made three Pro Bowls, the move was straightforward. Smith went 50-26 in his five seasons with the team, and,For the Chiefs, and was at his best early in the 2017 season. But he was 1-4 in the playoffs, at 33, he has a very limited chance of significant improvement.

but in Week 17 he completed 22 of 35 passes for 284 yards against the Denver Broncos. In what the Chiefs are hoping is a sign of things to come,Mahomes’s professional experience is fairly limited, the big-armed Mahomes connected with Demetrius Harris on a 51-yard pass.

which could be a strong combination with Kareem Hunt, but the general belief is that he offers more explosiveness, who led the N.F.L. in rushing as a rookie in 2017. And Fuller,Mahomes most likely will not match Smith’s regular season success initially, a promising young cornerback, will join a secondary in need of a playmaker.

who reportedly have agreed to a four-year contract extension with Smith, the move saves money. Cousins would have cost more than $34 million next season if the team used the franchise tag on him again. The deal also promises at least a mild upgrade on the field in the short term. Cousins is four years younger than Smith and has a stronger arm, but he has been much more inconsistent over his three seasons as a full-time starter. In that time,For the Redskins, Cousins had a combined record of 24-23-1 and led Washington to the playoffs once.

Case Keenum and any other quarterback who ends up entering free agency. The list of teams that believe they are a quarterback away from being regular contenders includes Minnesota, Denver,Where things get truly interesting is what happens to Cousins,Authentic Shaquill Griffin Jersey, Arizona and Buffalo. Cleveland and the Jets will most likely be in the market for a free-agent quarterback as well.

Cousins will get his choice of destinations, and will presumably receive the long-term deal that he sought in Washington. Keenum would probably be the second choice among teams that would rather sign a known entity than pursue a quarterback in the draft.

after the trade is completed and Cousins and Keenum sign,It is only then,Authentic Delano Hill Jersey, that players like Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers will look at how things went and decide just how much they are going to demand from their teams in renegotiations.

essentially,Authentic Nazair Jones Jersey,And all of that comes, as a result of the Chiefs wanting to switch to Mahomes from Smith.

in addition to answering the same questions about his uncertain future the same way he has for the past two-plus years,Authentic Germain Ifedi Jersey,Kirk Cousins made the rounds on Radio Row in Minneapolis on Tuesday ahead of Super Bowl LII and, Cousins was asked about former Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan’s recent assessment of him.

McCloughan told a Denver radio program earlier this month of Cousins, who could become the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL this offseason, “He’s a good player. Is he special? I don’t see special. But also,Authentic Tyler Lockett Jersey,As a refresher, we were still building a roster around him to make him special.”

” that “there’s no reason to lose sleep or to waste energy worrying about someone else’s opinion,Cousins told NBC Sports Radio’s Mike Florio and Chris Simms that he’s “learned to ignore the noise,Womens Germain Ifedi Jersey,” and that McCloughan’s comments weren’t a surprise.

” Cousins said. “That’s what I love about Scot. He’s consistent with the message and going back to 2015, that I want to build the team around you, he basically told me the same thing, he’s never told me something else, you’re my guy, but at the same time, I don’t want to overpay. That was his approach and I appreciated his honesty. He told it straight to my face and didn’t leave any gray area, and I think when we said we’d like to play out the season and see what happens and the price went up, he didn’t want to do it. That’s his prerogative,“What he’s saying there, we want you here for the next 10 years, I enjoyed working with him and he’s entitled to his opinion. He’s certainly a respected man around the league when it comes to talent evaluation.”, he can do that. He’s also said on other occasions that they probably made a mistake in that regard, so it goes both ways, but I respect Scot quite a bit

the man responsible for Washington drafting Cousins in 2012,Cousins’s comments came one day after former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan, told the New York Daily News he disagreed with McCloughan’s assessment.

” Shanahan said of Cousins. “If you don’t think he’s a special player, that means you don’t watch him practice very often. You take a look at some of the games he’s played in. He hasn’t played with a good defense that’s been in the upper half of the league, I don’t think,“There’s no question in my mind that he’s a special player, since he’s been there. You can’t always do it by yourself. You got to have an offense and a defense for a quarterback to be really successful … especially when you get in the playoffs. But I guarantee you he’s a special guy.”

is higher on Cousins than Shanahan, except perhaps Cousins’s dad,” Shanahan said in September 2015. “He will be a guy that can win you Super Bowls,No one, who has compared the Redskins’ quarterback with former pupils John Elway and Steve Young. “The sky is the limit,” Shanahan said in March 2016. “There’s no question he is a franchise guy,” Shanahan said in December 2016.
aliciahuang
Survey Pro

Return to Dig Site News