Ray Lewis vs. Brian Urlacher: Who has the edge for the Pro

News coming from WoWDigSite and news about the website

Ray Lewis vs. Brian Urlacher: Who has the edge for the Pro

Postby aliciahuang » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 am

As things go for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, it's rare for two players who played the same position to be inducted into Canton in the same year. Running backs Ladanian Tomlinson and Terrell Davis bucked that trend a year ago, while two pairs of quarterbacks did in the mid-2000s.

But only once have a pair of linebackers been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the same year: 1990, when Jack Lambert and Ted Hendricks were enshrined.

and are joined as 2018 finalists by running back Edgerrin James, tackles Tony Boselli and Joe Jacoby, wide receivers Randy Moss, center Kevin Mawae, Isaac Bruce and Terrell Owens,Womens Frank Clark Jersey,Urlacher and Lewis are both in their first year of Hall of Fame eligibility, guards Steve Hutchinson and Alan Faneca, cornerbacks Ty Law and Everson Walls and safeties Brian Dawkins and John Lynch.

Is that class deep enough to potentially pit Urlacher against Lewis in one of the Hall of Fame selection committee's cut-downs For the sake of this argument, and compare the careers of the Bears' and Ravens' longtime,Womens Lavonte David Jersey, let's say it is, franchise-altering linebackers:

while Lewis averaged 8.8 tackles per game in the same time period. ,A quick note on tackles: The NFL only began officially tracking tackle totals in 2001, it may make both Urlacher and Lewis' tackle numbers not 100 percent accurate. Either way,Authentic O. J. Howard Jersey, so these are unofficial combined career totals. Beyond the odd nature of this country's most popular sports league somehow not tracking its most basic defensive statistic until after the turn of the millennium, both players were productive on a per-game basis after 2001: Urlacher averaged 7.4 tackles per game

Lewis tops Urlacher in every other category in both the regular season and playoffs. ,Anyways, they're equal on sacks,Authentic Justin Evans Jersey, back to the main point: The statistical comparison above doesn't favor Urlacher if it were to come down to him or Lewis making the Hall of Fame. Yes, but on a per-game basis

but he was not a downhill hitter. He's not taking on offensive linemen. He was a jump-around guy.,"I've got to view it in the lens of how I played against guys … not as if I was in the coach … I've got to do it in how I played against them, via Talk of Fame Sports Network's Clark Judge. "To me," Mawae said, Ray was all over the place - an athletic guy

Butler, didn’t play a single snap Sunday night, who’s ingrained in New England lore for his late-game heroics in the Patriots’ win over the Seahawks in the 2015 Super Bowl, despite being on the field for nearly 98 percent of the team’s snaps this season.

When asked if he at any point considered putting Butler in, Belichick said curtly, “I just covered that.”

The mantra around New England has always been “in Bill we trust,” but some fans seem to be wavering on that after the loss.

Defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, who was hired Monday as the Detroit Lions’ next head coach, said Butler was in parts of the team’s plan, but those parts weren’t utilized in the game.

Butler, 27, “they gave up on me, told a reporter after the game,” but didn’t comment any further on the reason he didn’t play.

An unrestricted free agent last offseason, Butler was the center of trade talks but wound up sticking around. His future with the team is uncertain as he’s once again an unrestricted free agent and will likely test the market.

The Patriots and Eagles may be the class of the NFL this season,Authentic Frank Clark Jerseyy, but they receive only middling grades when it comes to their uniforms.

32. Buccaneers. Like a clock radio exploded on your grandmother’s Jimmy Carter-era sofa. Even Bucco Bruce thinks these are ridiculous. Bring back the creamsicles.

The NFL and Fox Sports released a joint news release announcing the deal on Wednesday, Jan. 31. Fox will continue to own the Sunday games in addition to the 11 NFL Thursday Night Football broadcasts starting next season.

Fox will broadcast weeks four through 15 Thursday games, not including the Thanksgiving night game.Authentic Mike Evans Jersey, The games will be broadcast on Fox via an NFL Network simulcast similar to how the games were this past season.

"This agreement is the culmination of over 10 years of strategic growth around Thursday Night Football,Womens Mike Evans Jersey," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement., a period during which this property has grown from a handful of late-season games on NFL Network to a full season of games and one of the most popular shows on broadcast television with additional distribution via cable and digital channels

"As one of the leaders in sports television and a recognized innovator of NFL game broadcasts for many years, we're excited to be extending our partnership with FOX Sports, one of our most trusted and valued partners,Authentic Lavonte David Jersey, to include Thursday Night Football."

The Associated Press reports that each paid $450 million for the past two NFL seasons. Goodell told A.P. that this deal is a single partner one and that there was "tremendous" exclusive interest from all NFL broadcast partners for the rights.

Fox notes in its release that this is the fifth broadcast deal between the network and the NFL,Womens Chris Godwin Jersey, which dates back to the original 1993 deal. The network credits this deal as the moment Fox became a "major broadcast network."

"These opportunities come along very, very infrequently,Womens Justin Evans Jersey, 21st Century Fox president," Peter Rice, told A.P. "You either have the rights to the most-watched content in media or you don't.

"If you don't take the opportunity, and the best rights are the NFL.",Womens O. J. Howard Jersey,this won't come up again for five years. We believe in buying the very best rights

Thursday night football games have been criticized by players such as Doug Baldwin, Jon Beason, Richie Incognito, Arian Foster,Authentic Chris Godwin Jersey, Bobby Wagner, Duane Brown, Josh Sitton and most notably Richard Sherman, and more.

The Seattle Seahawks cornerback, penned an article for The Players Tribune in late 2016 titled "Why I hate Thursday Night Football.", who tore his Achilles on a Thursday night game in November 2017

"The whole idea of Thursday Night Football is terrible. It's ludicrous. It's hypocritical, it's not the players that the NFL protects. It's the Shield.," Sherman wrote. "The NFL preaches player safety. The league says it wants to do everything in its power to protect its players. But when it comes down to it

"Thursday Night Football is just another example of the NFL's hypocrisy: The league will continue a practice that diminishes the on-field product and endangers its players, it couldn't care less.", but as long as the dollars keep rolling in

Indianapolis Colts player Edwin Jackson was one of two people killed early Sunday after being struck by a suspected drunken driver along Interstate 70 in Indianapolis.

Jackson was with the Arizona Cardinals in training camp in 2015. He was released in one of the Cardinals' last series of cuts that August.

According to the Indiana State Police, just west of Holt Road., the crash happened shortly before 4 a.m. Sunday along the westbound lanes of I-70

Police said Jackson and 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe of Avon were standing near a stopped vehicle when a black Ford F-150 pickup truck drove onto the emergency shoulder and struck them both.

Jackson was given the nickname “pound cake” during training camp. The nickname was given to Jackson after he missed his flight to Phoenix for a visit before the draft. The pound cake was his way of apologizing.,As a rookie with the Cardinals in 2015

“I knew I couldn’t show up empty-handed, “because I’m a Southern gentleman. That’s really disrespectful to show up late and miss a flight. I knew I messed up somebody’s schedule.”,” said Jackson

So Jackson called his mother and asked her to make her special “homemade, pound cakes from scratch.”, from Georgia

coaches teased him about inconveniencing them. He gave them pound cake to say he was sorry.,When Jackson finally arrived

“They were probably still warm,” he said of the cakes. “I didn’t hear about that the rest of the time here. Now, the players and the trainers call me Pound Cake.”, the coaches

Shortly after news of his death on Sunday, the Colts showed their love for the 26-year-old player, with the following statement:, whose "Pound Cake" nickname followed him to Indianapolis

competitive spirit and hard-working mentality. He was well-respected among all with whom he crossed paths,“We were heartbroken to hear the news of Edwin Jackson’s passing. Edwin was loved by all in the Colts organization. We admired his outgoing personality, and he will be greatly missed in our locker room and throughout our entire organization. We also understand that another person lost his life in the accident, and our thoughts and prayers are with the families of both men during this difficult time.”, only adding to our sorrow on this day. We are shocked and saddened by this tragedy
aliciahuang
Survey Pro

Return to Dig Site News