Steelers OT Marcus Gilbert says he's been 'feeling good'

Have a request or Suggestion for WoW Dig Site on this website then Post here or Private Message

Steelers OT Marcus Gilbert says he's been 'feeling good'

Postby aliciahuang » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 am

The Steelers' offensive line has missed more than Marcus Gilbert's play while the right tackle has been nursing a hamstring injury.

who also played with Gilbert at Florida, said he feels most comfortable when Gilbert is on the field. There's a certain energy he brings, he said,Center Maurkice Pouncey, that will be multiplied when he returns to the field.

who has been practicing this week,Gilbert, is expected to play against the Colts on Sunday. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin included him Tuesday on the list of players working their way back this week.

" Pouncey said. "He's been telling us every single week now,"He's going to be so excited to play, 'I wish I was out there with you guys.' He's an aggressive player. He's ready to go out there and play some football and have fun."

Gilbert has missed five games and part of two others since injuring his hamstring in the second game of the season against the Minnesota Vikings. He attempted to return against Kansas City, but left in the second quarter when he re-aggravated the injury.

On Wednesday, Gilbert said he initially tried to come back too quickly.

"I've been feeling good," Gilbert said. "I had a couple weeks and I didn't want to make the same mistake that I did before. It's one of those injuries that linemen don't really have.

obviously. I just took precautionary steps to make sure I'm feeling the best I can feel when I get on the field. Now,"Me trying to work myself back way too fast when I was feeling good was kind of a setback,Womens Ramon Foster Jersey, I feel really good."

Gilbert included,Even with a few key pieces missing,Womens Marcus Gilbert Jersey, the Steelers are coming out of the bye week with a 6-2 record and at the top of the AFC North. Ben Roethlisberger also hasn't been sacked in two straight games.

who has been filling in as the starter at right tackle,Both Pouncey and Gilbert were complimentary of the offensive line's backup players. Gilbert said Chris Hubbard, has been "doing a hell of a job."

" Pouncey said of the solid performance from the backups. "We obviously haven't been playing to the potential we should be playing at,Authentic Fletcher Cox Jersey,"That's big, but we've been making a lot of great steps. We've just got to keep working hard and not thinking about too far ahead."

The Pittsburgh Steelers are coming off a much needed bye week where players got some rest and relaxation. But now their focus turns to the Indianapolis Colts,Womens Fletcher Cox Jersey, the Steelers’ Week 10 opponent.

who are also coming off their bye,The Steelers (6-2) enter their Week 10 contest in Indianapolis on a three-game winning streak. Pittsburgh is currently sitting atop of the AFC playoff standings due to the Steelers owning a tie-breaking advantage over New England. The Patriots (6-2), own a 3-1 record against conference foes while the Steelers are 4-1.

though they have played better the last two weeks. The Colts are coming off a 20-14 victory over the Houston Texans, who were without star rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson on Sunday. The victory snapped the team’s three-game losing streak. The Colts’ other two victories are over the league’s two remaining winless teams,Authentic Timmy Jernigan Jersey,Indianapolis (3-6) has been a total disaster on both sides of the ball this season, the Browns (31-28) and 49ers (26-23).

Pittsburgh has dominated the all-time series against Indianapolis. The Steelers have won the last four meetings between the clubs and hold a 23-6-0 edge in the series. This is the fifth game between the Steelers and Colts since 2011.

Colts on Offense

but once they get to the redzone they tend to get bogged down. Their biggest problem is a lack of playmakers. They average 1.1 redzone touchdowns a game, which is dead last in the league, as they have reached the endzone on 41.6% of their drives inside the 20,The Colts move the ball down the field, though that number has dropped to 16.6% over the last three games.

New England’s third round pick in 2016, is coming off one of his best games of the season this past Sunday. The 23-year-old, second year pro threw for 308 yards and two touchdowns,Quarterback Jacoby Brissett has been adequate as the fill-in for injured starter Andrew Luck. Brissett, marking the second time this season he has gone over the 300-yard mark. He has thrown four of his seven touchdown passes in the past two games.

but he also doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. For the season,Brissett is capable of making big plays with his legs as well as his arm. He isn’t the most accurate quarterback in the league, Brissett is completing 61.1 percent of his passes for 216.7 yards a game and four touchdowns. He has also added three touchdowns and 147 yards on the ground.

though his workload has varied from game-to-game. Gore, who ran for a season-high 82 yards two weeks ago against Cincinnati, is averaging 50.6 yards a game. Backup running back Marlon Mack has big play capability as a runner and pass catcher,34-year-old Frank Gore has been the featured back all season, but his workload has been sporadic.

Tight end Jack Doyle has done yeomen’s work this year, leading the team with 50 receptions for 441 yards and two touchdowns. Doyle has caught 32 passes and scored both of his touchdowns over the last four weeks.

The Colts defense has been downright horrible this season. Indianapolis is permitting a league-high 28.9 points a game and the second-most yards at 393.6 yards a game. They have allowed 27 points or more on five occasions. As with the offense, the defense has been better the last two weeks.

Indianapolis held Houston and Cincinnati to a combined three offensive touchdowns the last two weeks. They also limited the Texans and Bengals to less than 289 yards of total offense apiece while forcing three total turnovers.

however, is with their front seven. The Colts are 26th in the league in pressuring the quarterback,The Colts rank 16th against the run (113.9 ypg) and 29th against the pass (279.2 ypg). The biggest issue,Authentic Ramon Foster Jersey, 23rd in sack rate and 23rd in rushing yards before first contact.

the team’s 2017 first round selection, and cornerback Rashaan Melvin top the Colts with three and two interceptions,Authentic Marcus Gilbert Jersey,The Colts have recorded 18 sacks and have forced 13 turnovers. Linebacker Jonathan Bostic leads the team with 63 tackles. Safety Matthias Farley and linebacker Antonio Morrison are tied for second on the team with 55 tackles. Safety Malik Hooker, respectively.

Players to Watch: Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton and Linebacker Jabaal Sheard

and he showed off his big-time playmaking ability against the Texans in Week 9,Authentic Vince Williams Jersey, scoring on two touchdown passes of longer than 40 yards. Hilton finished with five receptions for 175 yards, marking the second time in the last five weeks that he has topped the 175-yard plateau. The 27-year-old,Hilton is one of the most talented and dangerous receivers in the NFL,Womens Vince Williams Jersey, who is fifth in the league in receiving yards per game (72.0), also racked up 157 yards on seven catches and one touchdown against Cleveland in Week 3.

who has made a career of getting after the quarterback, leads the team with 4.5 sacks. The 28-year-old registered two sacks last week against the Texans and has 29 total tackles,Womens Torrey Smith Jersey,Sheard is one of four members of a much maligned defensive unit to register multiple sacks on the season. Sheard, which includes four games of four or more.

Outlook: Steelers 28, Colts 13

the Steelers have been very good following their bye week,Womens Timmy Jernigan Jersey, posting a 15-5 record. However,The last three years, they are winless in the game immediately following their week off (0-3) since 2013. That should change this week.

its game against Detroit notwithstanding, has been dominant on the defensive side of the ball. They have an explosive pass rush that averages over three sacks a game.Authentic Torrey Smith Jersey, And the Steelers, who like to mix up their defenses and disguise their blitzes,Pittsburgh, are up against a porous Colts’ offensive line that has surrendered 32 sacks this year.

the Steelers have been better recently. The main reason is that Le’Veon Bell has been rolling. Over his last five games,Offensively, Bell has produced three 100-yard rushing games and averaged 116 yards per game on the ground and scored four times. He averaged 4.1 yards per carry in the month of October which was an increase of .4 yards a carry from September. Bell also had 22 receptions for an additional 123 yards in the month. The Steelers and Bell should be able to take advantage of the Colts’ shaky front seven.
aliciahuang
Survey Pro

Return to Website Help / FAQ / Suggetions