I’d share some of the contenders with you

Discuss Interface & Macros for archaeology here

I’d share some of the contenders with you

Postby rousutt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 am

small guys aren’t cooking up the next Minecraft?”platforms: PC, iOS, and Xbox 360. Follow me onTwitterorFacebook.Read my Forbesbloghere. Game Of The Year Contender: 'XCOM: Enemy Unknown'. The quest for the Game of the Year continues in this multi-part examination of some of the best video Runescape games of 2012. I’m still deciding which game should get my coveted Game of the Year award for 2012. As I argue with myself over the merits of each game on the list (a list that is still very much in the works) I thought I’d share some of the contenders with you. First up is one of the most addictive, engaging, difficult, and wonderful Runescape games of 2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I realize that for many fans of the original X-COM, this game was a disappointment (and maybe a big enough disappointment to make this list) but for me this game was simply marvelous. One reason I’m considering it for Game of the Year is the simple fact that it’s one of just a handful of Runescape games that I keep playing regularly. What makes a game Game of the Year material? Is it how unique its story is, or how lovely its graphics, or how magical its musical score? Or does it simply boil down to how fun it is, how badly you want to keep playing? I’m not really sure, and as I weigh out the reasons I still have no clear picture. But XCOM: Enemy Unknownis certainly some of the most fun I had in 2012, and even now in 2013 I still find myself gravitating to its Runescape Gold turn-based goodness. Whether I’m managing XCOM finances, customizing my squad, or mourning the death of one of my favorite officers, I’m constantly engaged by this game. And unlike some of my other Game of the Year contenders, I’m still not bored with it yet. More contenders to come as I play and replay some of my favorites from the past year. Game of the Year Contenders So Far: Spec Ops: The Line Follow me onTwitterorFacebook.Read my Forbesbloghere. Why Floppy Disk Software Is Dead Forever. Back in the mini-computer era (somewhere around the mid-1960s) our notion of software was that of custom-designed applications built to do a specific job on one machine, or perhaps one dedicated network of machines. But ever since the arrival of the PC in the 1970s we have been pushed towards using ‘boxed’ software that should supposedly be fit for purpose in any use case, in any market vertical. Boxed software not working? Business Process Management (BPM) software company Appian conducted a survey of 306 IT decision makers which may suggest that this notion of boxed software is no longer working and that firms have an increasing focus on custom-designed and custom-built software. Custom softwareis defined as: Software applications that must be built by either a company’s internal IT team or through outsourced development because the required functionality cannot be purchased through a packaged software offering.
Survey Pro

Return to Interface & Macros