How can I turn off spamguard?

Non-Warcraft related things

How can I turn off spamguard?

Postby harison203 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 am

Hi

After a couple of days of research I was finally able to get into my Bellsouth email account. I have found that the spamguard program is putting emails into the spam folder that do not belong there. When researching this problem I found an old post that said that you could change your email setting from POP3 to IMAP and then you would get all your emails to your client. However that post was written concerning the combined Yahoo and Bellsouth accounts. My Bellsouth account has never been merged with my Yahoo account so I am not sure that information still applies. Also the link that was supposed to take me to the info on how to change my account from POP3 to IMAP was no longer good. Does anyone know if changing my email to IMAP will allow me to get all my emails? And if so, does anyone have a link that shows just how to do that?

Thanks
harison203
New Guy

Re: How can I turn off spamguard?

Postby valerie203 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:48 am

Hello

I am having the same issue. Previously my SPAM was turned off and just noticed over 80 emails in my SPAM folder. I have gotten a lot of false positives in the past, so don't want the SPAM filter turned on. My PC Software filters the SPAM for me.

Thanks

BellSouth Customer Service | BellSouth Email Setting Outlook | BellSouth Email Account
valerie203
New Guy

Re: How can I turn off spamguard?

Postby harison203 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:49 am

Hello

Thanks,

The POP forwarding was set not to forward. Not sure how that got changed. I went through and made all the changes and it doesn't appear that SPAM is being held in the web based SPAM folder any longer.

I'm not sure why this started all of a sudden. I didn't make any changes on my side and it impacted each of our family accounts.

Thanks for your help.

BellSouth Net Email Login | BellSouth Email Setting | BellSouth Customer Service
harison203
New Guy

Return to General Off-Topic