Theorycraft: What would Elemental Domains offer us?

Talk about various Archaeology things here like fragment farming

Theorycraft: What would Elemental Domains offer us?

Postby Uriah » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:58 pm

So I was wondering today, what if Patch 4.2 had actually added some goodies for Archaeology?

Elemental Possibilities?

Firelands could have been a treasure trove of dig sites and it would be a unique place in that it is an Elemental Domain.
Then I realized, hey -- we can't survey Deepholm either!

I wonder what would be uncovered lore wise if we were ever able to go back and survey the land, hunt down some Elemental-origin artifacts.
Ulduar gave us a lot of insight about the Titans (the makers) and such. The questing within the elemental domains was also interesting.

So here is a little lore Theorycraft (I guess), what kind of Rare Artifacts do you think we would discover if we were to survey around in Firelands and/or Deepholm?

We never could really survey the Abyssal Maw when Vashj was an active surveying zone.
And the Skywall is kinda, well floating in the sky. But those other two are very much 'down to Azeroth', you could say.
WoW Dig Site Administrator || My Blog || Uriah.me || Main Toon // Image Image Image
"The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Uriah
Website Admin

Re: Theorycraft: What would Elemental Domains offer us?

Postby Morpsend » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 pm

I'd love it! A lava dagger, once held by Rag as a child, this artifact was resurfaced through the fire...Deepholm drop from the pool of life, this tear dropped to the earth, where it has lived inside it's depths for many years (healer neck, or trinket)
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Postby Uriah » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Would be nice to be able to Survey something that you could turn-in for reputation maybe. Like with Firelands Raids and the Hyjal rep.
Or maybe you could dig-up an old Titan-made device to bind an elemental for 30seconds. Like a Warlocks Banish ability. (Since the Elemental Plane is the prison plane constructed by the titans.)
WoW Dig Site Administrator || My Blog || Uriah.me || Main Toon // Image Image Image
"The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Uriah
Website Admin

Postby Morpsend » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:55 pm

I can't wait for new stuff no matter what it is, really can't wait, i'm bored as hell
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Return to Surveying Crosstalk