Happy to Sad and well back to Happy

Talk about various Archaeology things here like fragment farming

Happy to Sad and well back to Happy

Postby Morlife » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Happy -> Yea! I got it, my Vial of the sands. Did your idea Morpsend, I basically stacked all Kilmdor till I hit near 200 on each (except dwarf) and did a fun large solve.
I got the Vial on Canpic Jar #6, Got the Raptor mount durring the same large solve.

Sad -> So right after doing this, like 1 min I come here to get a Macro. I want to see how many thousands of solves I had to endur to get this. Because it feels like forever.
And what do I see after running this macro... Dwarf 7, Draenei 7, Fossil 31, NIght Elf 121, Orc 6, Trol'vir 28, Trol 20. 220! only 220? OMG sad truly sad.

Happy -> Then back to being happy because YEA! I got it.

Thanks for all the advice guys, very much appriciated!
Morlife
New Guy

Re: Happy to Sad and well back to Happy

Postby Uriah » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:00 am

Congratz on the Vial!!

WoW Dig Site Administrator || My Blog || Uriah.me || Main Toon // Image Image Image
"The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Uriah
Website Admin

Postby Morpsend » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Grats Bud!
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Postby Morpsend » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:03 pm

I really like when i switched to doing the solves at 200 fragments, it added some excitement.

Morlife thanks for your posts was fun watching you as you progressed towards your goal! If later a bit more of our archaeology addiction you find wore off on you share your next goal and we'll root you on!
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Postby Odile » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:00 pm

I feel your pain in trying for Vial of Sands. I have completed 4 canopic jars so far to no avail. I am in awe of those who have completed 32 rares since I am at 13 LOL.

I have figured out a few things that help with Uldum sites.

1 Go to them whenever they appear
2. Hyjal and Uldum are linked so do them next
3. Anything but Night Elf - such as fossil, dwarf or Troll seem to help open up Uldum sites too
4. The sites seem to be set in a North and South zone. I usually like to stick to the South zone until they are used up. it seems to help.
5. Don't always skip certain sites. If they have been up a long time, you might want to clear them out. I tend to avoid the Azshara ones

Someone suggested buying keystones. This is pretty expensive but does save time.

I set my hearth in ORG and use portals for Hyjal and Uldum

Let's hope I am not at 32 before I get my Alchemy mount

Odile Terokkar
Odile
New Guy

Return to Surveying Crosstalk