Interview with Scut

Talk about various Archaeology things here like fragment farming

Interview with Scut

Postby Morpsend » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:27 pm

howdy, Scut was unable to join me for a podcast so we decided to hold an interview here.

Morpsend: Why did you get into archaeology?

Scut: Originally, I started just because I wasn't into raiding as much as I was in the past, and I also wanted to get the Bug mount. I have wasted a lot of WoW-hours afking, searching for rare spawn mounts (TLPD, Phosphorescent, now the Camel), so grinding through arch to get a cool mount was worth it.

Morpsend: Did you use any mods or helpful macros?

Scut: I used ArchDB and Archy to track my progress, but other than those I had nothing. I bound my dig key to a mouse button and used click to move to make digging less painful.

Now the only macro I use makes me use most of my arch items at once while attention whoring in Orgrimmar.

Morpsend: Did you do anything to help you while digging, like watching tv, listening to music, or anything?

Scut: I definitely always had the TV on and iTunes open, but I also started trying to get better at chess while I was flying to a digsite. More often than not, I would have WoW in windowed mode while either playing chess or watching a movie.

Morpsend: Did you plan to go for all 32/32 from the start?

Scut: No. At the start I wanted just the Bug mount, but when that didnt come until my late teens (solves), I figured I should push for Professor (back in Feb.) Being a rogue, just about all of the rares are completely worthless to me, so I spent downtime enchanting them with awful enchants and linking them to friends (22 INT/ Spirit Reforge on Troll sword). It seems everyone has at least one rare that takes a ridiculous time to queue up, and luckily for me it was the Nelf rare trinket. With so many Nelf sites, I was able to find it faster (even if it was around 500 solves) than someone looking for a Troll rare.
After I got professor I essentially stopped doing arch, and then later stopped playing WoW all together. When I later resubbed I figured that since most of my friends either quit or transferred, that I might as well go for all 32.

Morpsend: What would you like to see in the future from archaeology?

Scut: I think archaeology needs to be less RNG dependent. I know you had to solve about 2x as many projects as I did to reach 32, and that must have been frustrating. Hopefully some cool gadgets, like engineers have, could be implemented so raiders dont feel the need to push for them. The current items, epic items aside, are pretty boring. Things like an actual different hearth, a port, or a large bag would be nice to find - even if really rare. My single greatest want is a rare solve to provide the ability to instant mount, like a Druid, but I dont see that happening.

I always thought they should treat higher level archaeologists (Associate Professors, and Professors) like they were actually better at their craft, so that solves might come easier or something that made archaeology not as terrible. It would make sense that a Professor would be better at digging than a student.

Morpsend: If there are more rares in the future will you be part of the rare for full completion again?

Scut: If Im subscribed then, sure - if I have the camel. Im just hoping something worthwhile for me will be put in.

Morpsend: Thank you Scut for this interview. Congratulations on 32/32 completed. I hope when they add more rares you'll be apart of the race to get them all first!

News Entry: http://wowdigsite.com/2011/07/interview-with-scut/
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Re: Interview with Scut

Postby Morpsend » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:37 pm

i'd love if you linked the macro to all the items, sounds like fun.
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Postby Uriah » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for participating guys, great interview :)
WoW Dig Site Administrator || My Blog || Uriah.me || Main Toon // Image Image Image
"The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Uriah
Website Admin

Postby Scut » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 pm

/use Kaldorei Wind Chimes
/use Arrival of the Naaru
/use Pendant of the Scarab Storm
/use Highborne Soul Mirror
/use Chalice of the Mountain Kings
/use Bones of Transformation
/use Druid and Priest Statue Set
/use Vrykul Drinking Horn

Theres limited characters to make a macro, but there it is. Some Arch items cannot be used at the same time, due to different transformations, so I got as many in there as I could.
Scut
New Guy

Postby Morpsend » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:36 pm

awesome thanks. now go out and tell all your friends and family you are famous and show them the spotlight on the main page! bask in the glory, you deserve it.

Don't forget, i still would love to have a chat with you in a podcast, get a mic noob!

Thanks again for the interview.
Morpsend
Forum Mod Elite

Postby marecki » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:31 am

Nice interview, however there is someone here? It looks like the forum is ovverun by spammers.
Its sad because I really like WoW game.
marecki
New Guy

Postby FIFA15coins » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:52 am

You are right, very beautiful

New Guy

Postby lzyivanlzy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:33 am

Your point of view is correct, I think so, and you can make friends with you, we exchange exchanges
Survey Pro

Postby newballance » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:52 am

Due to what a class always is in the game, gamers must know that anyone could create and harvest anything. There are trees, ores, and herbs for players to harvest. It is referred to like collecting.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
RS3 Gold
newballance
New Guy

Postby golddty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:19 pm

It sounds really good, too wonderful!
http://www.4rsgold.co/
golddty
New Guy

Next

Return to Surveying Crosstalk