Blizzcon is in full swing this weekend! Day One is over, but nothing new to report Archaeology wise.
We still have more panels tomorrow including: World of Warcraft Raids, Gameplay, Questing, and More
Blizzcon Day 1 Recap
Courtesy of MMO-Champion
Blizzcon 2013 – Day 1 Panels
Blizzcon 2013 – Day 1 Panels (Official Blue Posts)
Warlords of Draenor Videos
Heroes of the Storm
Update: We have confirmation on this now, Digging up a find while practicing Archaeology will now continue to grant skill points past 50. (Source)
Looks like Archaeology has been hotfixed to now always give one skill-up per dig, making it much easier to level. This was NOT listed in any hotfix note, so we’re unsure whether this is intended or not.
The Lorewalkers are a pandaren faction bent on exploring the world, finding things and relics to fill out libraries. Caretakers of the mysteries of Pandaria, these brave souls roam the continent, hoping to learn from their history.
This faction is tied in to Archaeology and the lore of Mists of Pandaria. Finding various objects around the world will give you achievements and reputation with them, as well as access to various stories told by Lorewalker Cho.
The Lorewalkers also offer some other nice rewards at their Quartermaster. You can get Restored Artifacts by completing archaeology artifacts or purchasing one for a Spirit of Harmony.
Info about Quests and Achievements, Click here! Read more »
General Changes coming to Archaeology in Mists of Pandaria
- You are now able to survey up to six times per digsite, this went live with Patch 5.0.4.
- There will be two new races to solve for, the Pandaren and the Mogu.
- You won’t want to vendor the new artifacts, as they only sell for 1g. Instead, you use them to create a Restored Artifact.
- Restored Artifacts can be used to purchase crates that contain 5-9 fragments for the non Pandaria races, as well as two other items.
- Occasionally an Ancient Haunt will spawn after finding artifact fragments. They rarely drop a Mogu or Pandaren keystone and always drop ~7 fragments
- There are now some daily quests for Archaeology
- You can find Pristine versions of artifacts and put them on display
Pristine Artifacts are rarely gained from solving a common artifact. These items give you a quest which is turned in at the Seat of Knowledge. These quests add the artifact to your phased collection, similar to the way the Lorewalker’s bookshelf works.
Turning in the quest gives you 3 x Restored Artifact and 1 x Mogu Statue Piece or Pandaren Pottery Shard.
Restored Artifact currency is used to buy Fragments of any race and also some other items such as:
New Rare Items
There are four new rare items to be found in Mists of Pandaria, three of which are level 85+ gear!
Quilen Statuette (Mogu)
Anatomical Dummy (Mogu)
Umbrella of Chi-Ji (Pandaren)
Spear of Xuen (Pandaren)
The pre-expansion patch has been live since Tuesday and 5.0.4 has brought some changes. For anyone who has been out surveying, you will have noticed there are now more Surveys per Archaeology site!
Players are now able to Survey Six times, up from three, per Dig Site location on your map!
This stealth buff is most welcomed, although some are reporting a decline in keystone droprates too.
Note: Archy now has a (beta addon version) update for 5.0.4 / Download via Curse
Some notes for the upcoming Expansion:
- Will be no Archaeology Fragment Reset in Mists of Pandaria (Source)
- Reports are that Pre-MoP Races will not give any skill-ups past 525
- Some of these new factions have Archaeology Dailys in MoP
- More info coming soon!
We have some more info from the upcoming expansion pulled from the official threads of Chinese forum.
It translates into what we have posted below:
I heard there would be archaeology dailies. Are these dailies available only when archaeology skill reaches 525? Or is it like the fishing and cooking dailies in Cata, which merely require minimum skill points? (Source)
The latter. Archaeology dailies are like fishing and cooking, chosen randomly from 3-5 quests every day.