Looks like nothing new is coming in Patch 4.3
Below is what we know from Blizzcon 2011.
Q: Archaeology has been ignored other than a few added things. Are we going to see anything cooler, better vanity items–lower than max level heirlooms of more variety?
A: Archaeology is eclectic and we love it. We want to sex it up and and make it more fun, add more things. Things like a flare gun we fire and you get ported to a dig site. Random encounters like a Mummy spawning with extra fragments. Maybe arch dailies. We do want to make this better for MoP.
In-case folks do not read other new sites, Blizzcon 2011 is this Friday (21st) and Saturday (22nd)!
Expect full Coverage over any new details about Archaeology!
Speculations have been running wild lately with ideas like archaeology will be expanding to include Pandaren artifacts in patch 4.3 or finally giving players an option to turn in artifacts to museum societies.
WoWDigSite.com will be updated Live as Announcements are released via Blizzcon Panels.
If you’re not attending Blizzcon then you can spend $40 for the Live-Stream or just catch your News from WoW Insider and such but expect all Archaeology info here!
A new Build (14890) is out on the PTR for Patch 4.3 tonight.
This change below might have been added earlier on the PTR but reguardless, the minimap now has:
‘Track Digsites‘ Support
It’s Tuesday September 27th and we have a PTR Launched!
Right now, it appears that the PTR has nothing new for Archaeology (yet), but we’ll keep digging until we find something!
There are a list of new pets and mounts but none of them are Archaeology confirmed.
-> List from Wowhead News <-
View the full Interview on our Forums, here!
Morpsend from, here at WoW Dig Site, had a Q&A session with another well-known
forum poster Tiggindy. Just wanted to share this everyone, enjoy!
Thank you to Tiggindy for participating with this.
Some of the questions asked:
- Who is Tiggindy? A bit of background
- How did you approach archaeology?
- You’ve spoken about how you’ve disliked archaeology, we’d like to know specifically what you’ve not liked.
- I’ve read the battle.net forums and the mmo forums about archaeology as a guilty pleasure, I’ve had the impression that you’ve either been apart of these threads for own pleasure of arguing the detail with people, or you truly have hated archaeology to the point you’ve chosen to spend this much time to vent your feeling about archaeology, which is it?
- You’ve spent a lot of time talking with other people in the forum community about archaeology, can you give us a general idea of how other people feel?