It’s that time of the month, the second episode of the podcast is now live!
What is in the second official WoW Dig Site Podcast? (Episode 2)
- Gold and Experience Gains from Surveying with Archaeology.
- Museum that didn’t ship with Cata but what Blizzard wants to do (Ask-the-Devs-7-Professions)
- Add more to the profession – daily quests?
- Whats to come – Items, Consumables maybe?
- Dungeon Buffs good or bad? & do you use your keystones?
- Getting your Rares, the best paths (Morp talks about where to go)
- Your Favorite Rares so far & What rares would we like to see
Feel free to subscribe or download the MP3 directly! It’s also posted on iTunes & YouTube!
With Patch 4.2 out, most people have put up the shovel to go raid in Firelands but there are still many players dedicated to their surveying! As of this post, there are now two others apart from Boshi who have come forward to claim the completion of all 32 Rares currently in-game.
- Boshi [Malorne US] (May 23rd, 2011) - Total artifacts: 2075
- Scut [Skullcrusher US] (June 29th, 2011) – Total artifacts: 1637
- Morpsen [Illidan US] (July 8th, 2011) – Total Solves: 3562
Come join us on our recently launched Forum and join the Archaeology Addicts Anonymous thread.
A big congratulations to are current three who have complete the Survey grind to obtain all 32 rares!
Scut’s Numbers // Vrykul: 7 (rare: 2 solved: 28)
Dwarf: 31 (rare: 4 solved: 255) // Draenei: 10 (rare: 2 solved: 13)
Fossil: 17 (rare: 5 solved: 371) // Night Elf: 25 (rare: 7 solved: 572)
Nerubian: 9 (rare: 2 solved: 24) // Orc: 10 (rare: 1 solved: 16)
Tol’vir: 13 (rare: 6 solved: 168) // Troll: 17 (rare: 3 solved: 190)
Scut: I got professor back in early February, and then stopped. My account died not too long after, as I got really bored. When I decided to re up in June I figured I might as well grind out archaeology in case there are new titles added. The guild Im in died, as most of the raiders went to a different server, and a lot of friends ended up quitting so I was left with a lot of free time to do arch. I started out only wanting the Tolvir mount, but when that took me into my late teens solve-wise, I decided to push for professor.
Morpsen & Boshi 32 Rare Collection
Greetings fellow Archaeologists! Today WoW Dig Site has a few new features to share.
First of all, we now have an official WoW Dig Site Podcast! (Episode 1)
This first podcast features Boshi who has claimed World First on 32 Rares and Morpsend also from the community, along with myself Uriah (the Website Admin). If you’d like to hear us talk with Boshi about his accomplishment or listen in on some Archaeology chatter in general, feel free to subscribe or download the MP3 directly! It’s also posted on YouTube (iTunes will be added soon.)
Yes, we now have a forum section here on WoW Dig Site! Many folks have come forward and requested such a feature so that Archaeology discussions are no longer buried under all the other Profession posts on Forums such as MMO-Champ and Battle.net
If you’re interested in a centralized new location for your Archaeology talk then please register/sign-up and we’ll be glad to have you join-in. We hope to have the forums grow and expand to suit the community at large.
So if you find yourself with some free time next week when waiting for Patch 4.2 to be added to the realms, come chat on the new forums or listen to the new podcast if interested!
Feel free to leave feedback on the new podcast on the forum, need ideas for future shows.
Edit: iTunes feed is now live for everyone
For those of you who use Excavatinator, be sure to grab the update. And if you don’t use it, well you might be interested now with the extra features recently added (bel0w).
This is a BETA. It might reset your database. Sorry for any confusion.
Version 1.5 Additions:
- Options frame added! The options button replaces the links button; the links button is now found in the options frame.
- Items frame added! Click the items button (next to the travel button) to open. The items frame is a small frame with the on-use items you’ve completed from archaeology.
- Minimap tracking added! When you find archaeology fragments, the spot will be marked on your minimap whenever you’re in the zone. Tracking and display can be turned on or off in the options frame.
- Excavatinator will no longer try to open while in combat. If tried, this would cause errors, requiring a UI reload to resolve.
Download Excavatinator v1.5 RC1 via Curse
Version 3 of the Beta is out now
Small nerf/Hotfix, you’ll no longer benefit from (guild perk) Bountiful Bags for your keystones.
Archaeology / May 20-June 1
- The Bountiful Bags guild perk should no longer sometimes incorrectly reward Archaeologists with multiple keystones from dig sites. (Source)
WoWDigSite has often been asked if there are any players with all the rares in the game, well we now have a report of someone with all of them as of May 23rd.
If you have also reached 32, then send us a message and congrats!
Note: More people have come forward about reaching the 32 limit (via facebook)
Apparently is was a tight race between a few commenters/fellow archaeologists. However, Boshi (US Malorne) has claimed the last rare artifact needed for 32/32 today.
You can logon to Boshi’s Archaeology Addicts Anonymous (US forums) & chat about your own feats.
I took a screenshot when last rare popped, one during solve, one after, one with excavationator addon showing completion, one with calendar open showing the date, then I took 12 consecutive photos of my arch log book with inventory open (all non pet/mount items in bags), then I took one of each page of my companion and mount logs with inventory open. All of the last ones have my arch total solve macro in my chat box. – Boshi
View this gallery by clicking here.
Do you know of other people who have reached the 32 rare mark? If so feel free to contact/correct us!